Point form again for easy reading.
1. Choosing a role model is important. Without a role model, we wouldn’t be able to have a vision to move toward.
2. When I was younger, I always chose a role model that makes a lot of money, have a sports car and also have a bunch of girls.
3. Some people choose successful entrepreneurs and also people who work real hard to get to where they are.
4. This is all well and good, but lacking an absolute truth to reference to.
5. The fact is, when we choose role models, we have unconsciously also chosen their values, their beliefs, their opinions, their worldview, and their purpose, and it may be against our God given design and destiny.
6. My ultimate purpose is to know God and to make Him known through performance, wisdom and effectiveness in my business and my relationships, without sacrificing time with my family and close buddies, while maintaining a handful of super close buddies.
7. Fame and fortune is secondary to all these, as my belief system based on the God’s word is about stewardship, which means to steward all the money, time, relationships, influence given to me by God to support the purpose of knowing God and to make Him known.
8. I was once caught up in following role models where they slog and work hard, and that began to seep into and corrupt my belief systems leading me away from God and the purpose mentioned above.
9. In fact, the Bible says that “we should not toil for riches” (Proverbs 23:4
Do not wear yourself out to get rich; do not trust your own cleverness.), which means, if I am slogging and sacrificing time for riches and think that with my thinking and own effort without the daily guidance of God, then I am deviating and getting off course.
10. In conclusion, if you are toiling or going imbalance, and depending on yourself (or any role model), rather than the moment by moment guidance of God’s Holy Spirit, and thinks that there is no end to this life, or there is no God, then its time to do some soul searching and get to know God and what He has to offer, and He will let you know your purpose for our finite and short physical life in this universe.
11. So check the values of your role model, and align it with God’s. If the values and belief system is in line with God’s word (as for mine, its the Bible), then take the ones that reflect the Absolute Truth of the Word, and leave out the ones which is way off.
Let me leave you with a scripture Bible verse quotation:
“Deuteronomy 8:18 ►
But remember the LORD your God, for it is he who gives you the ability to produce wealth, and so confirms his covenant, which he swore to your ancestors, as it is today.”
So who is your role model today? Does your role model’s value align with the Truth of God’s Word?
Let’s make it in alignment with your ultimate God given purpose in this 2015.
Blessed New Year to you, and may we know God and make His Truth known this year and beyond.